Small dog carriers give Bichon Frise owners the opportunity to take their little dogs with them, even to places where dogs usually do not go.
You can choose from several styles of dog carriers, and the choice is strictly personal. These small dog carriers are all carried on your person, as opposed to dog bicycle carriers or dog strollers. They are meant for people who want to carry their dogs.
- Designer Dog Carrier
- Dog Carrier Backpack
- Dog Carrier Purse or Handbag
- Dog Carrier Sling
If you scroll down the page, you will see descriptions of each kind and a few reasons why you might choose each.
The small dog carriers that follow are for sale at Amazon or Wayfair. I’ve chosen only highest quality carriers, those that are popular and well-liked by their owners.
Designer Small Dog Carriers
Small Dog Carrier Backpack
Small Dog Carrier Purse
Small Dog Carrier Sling
Dog Carriers for Bichon Frises
There are advantages to carrying your Bichon puppy or dog. You can take him places where he might not otherwise be welcome.
He can shop with you, take public transportation, go to concerts, and go with you on walks that would be too far for his little legs.
And don’t forget that, as your Bichon Frise ages, he might need to be carried instead of walked on a leash.
When selecting a dog carrier for your dog, keep in mind:
- Your dog’s size – How large is your dog? Is she still a puppy or is she full grown? The size of your dog will determine the size of the pet carrier.
- Your lifestyle – How active are you? Bichon Frises are not athletic dogs. If you like to walk fast, bike or jog each day, you might consider getting a dog stroller or a bicycle dog carrier, so that your dog can go with you. If you are more sedentary, then you might prefer using a dog back pack or a dog carrier purse to take your dog to the mall or to a community gathering or local festival .
- Intended use for the carrier – Will the carrier be used to take your dog on outings, to go to the store, to walk around the neighborhood or for travel? Depending on how you will use it, your choice might be different…
Kinds of Small Dog Carriers
Especially if this is your first dog or puppy, you may have a hard time deciding how to carry your dog with you. Transportation for your Bichon is just part of taking care of your dog.
Here are some thoughts on the different kinds of carriers available:
- Designer Dog Carriers – These are exactly what they sound like. They are fashionable, sometimes luxurious and they are made of quality materials. Designer carriers exude style and class. They may be simple in design, but they look classy.
- Dog Carrier Purse or Handbag – Often used as a way to sneak your little dog into a restaurant or meeting, where no one will even know he’s with you. Look for pockets to hold things like your wallet, cell phone, dog treats, a leash and a collapsible water bowl. These carriers are often acceptable to carry on an airplane. This kind of carrier will hold a small dog or puppy, up to 10 pounds.
- Small Dog Carrier Backpack – Even if your Bichon Frise weighs 20 pounds, you can probably carry her in a backpack. These are great for concerts, festivals, hiking or just walking around the neighborhood. Backpacks are probably your best choice when you will be carrying your dog for an extended period. Look for wide or padded straps.
- Dog Carrier Sling – The least expensive way to carry your little Bichon Frise. Slings are popular as a way to carry your dog to public events and when you are walking for a short distance.
Most of us spend a lot of time with our dogs. These great little carriers provide a way for us to safely travel together or to spend time in crowded places, knowing that our dogs are safe and happy.
The carriers above are some of the most popular small dog carriers on the market…
Bichons are such fun! Where do you want to go now?