Dogs having fun is a joy to see, and most dog owners will agree that an afternoon playing with your Bichon Frise is next to being in heaven!
Just like spending time with your kids will help you bond with them, spending time with your dog will help you bond with your dog.
And life is so short. Don’t waste a single minute that you could spend with loved ones—including your dog!
There are many activities that you can share with your dog. Sometimes you need a few pieces of equipment, but often you just need a leash for safety and some water for your dog to drink.
Take the time to figure out how you can have fun together and do it safely…
Include Your Dog in Fun Activities
There are so many ways that you and your family can enjoy time with your dog!
- Jog or ride your bike with your dog – Younger dogs especially love the rigorous exercise. Dogs having fun often means that the dogs are exercising their bodies. Bichons like to ride in carriers.
- Agility class – If you’ve ever watched an agility class, you’ve seen dogs having fun, and people trying to keep up with them. But everyone is getting fitter and in a great mood!
- Obedience class – Did you ever consider that obedience lessons are fun for your dog? She considers learning tricks and commands to be fun–especially if there are treats given as rewards! However, you can have just as much fun teaching your dog at home with Doggy Dan’s professional dog training program.
- Playing with toys – Dogs enjoy learning, and toys are a fun way to learn new things, clean their teeth and simply enjoy the squeaky sounds and feel (soft, hard, fuzzy) of their toys. Kong toys are fun, as well.
- Fetch – This is more common with hunting breeds who have a natural instinct to recover and retrieve.
- Hide and seek – Your dog will love playing hide and seek with you. One person hides and the dog hunts for the one who is hiding. To play this game, your Bichon must know the names of the players.
- Go to (Name) – This is a way to reinforce the names of people. When your Bichon Frise is still a puppy, stand 20 feet apart (2 people). Take turns commanding your dog to go to the other person. Your dog will have a great time, and so will you.
If you have a dog, you need to find ways to include him in your leisure time. And dogs having fun—increases your chances for having a happy, well-adjusted life, as well.
Taking care of your Bichon Frise dog is fun! Where to now?