Hypoallergenic shampoo for dogs can bring relief to a Bichon Frise, with its sensitive skin and its genetic predisposition for skin allergies.
If you notice your dog scratching or licking excessively on any part of his body, it may be a sign of skin allergies.
Since Bichons often have skin allergies and irritations, it’s best to take a few precautions to avoid the issues.
has natural soothing oils for irritated dog skin.
Symptoms of Allergies in Dogs
If your dog has allergies that are causing irritation to his skin, you may see some of these signs and symptoms:
- Scratching, licking and eventually chewing himself
- Hair loss
- Rashes and blisters
- Diarrhea and vomiting
- Dry, itchy skin
- Redness and swelling of the skin
- Irritability and aggressiveness
Why Do Dogs Get Skin Allergies?
There are a number of reasons that dogs have skin allergies. Knowing what is causing allergies in your dog can help you prevent his discomfort.
- Airborn allergies – These may be caused by dust, dust mites, pollen, and molds which are found both inside and outside your home. The best way to prevent this kind of allergy is to regularly clean your house. Make sure that you clean even the smallest corner in a room. You never know where your dog may go. You can steam rugs and carpets to rid them of fungus and molds.
- Flea allergies – Most dogs, including your Bichon Frise, are allergic to fleas, specifically flea saliva. When a flea bites your dog, he will experience an allergic itch causing him to excessively scratch and lick the affected area. If your dog has fleas, use a hypoallergenic shampoo like SynergyLabs Veterinary Formula Medicated Shampoo. It will soothe, heal and condition the skin, in addition to fighting parasites and bacterial infections.
- Food allergies – Commercial dog food often contains ingredients which are harmful to your dog and may even be probable causes of dog allergies. Some dogs are allergic to pork, beef and chicken. Give only high-quality dog food that is made for dogs with allergies. You may have to do some experimenting to find out which dog foods are best for your Bichon Frise.
Hypoallergenic Shampoo for Dog Allergies
Bathe your dog regularly using hypoallergenic dog shampoo. Hypoallergenic shampoos have ingredients, like oatmeal, that are gentle on your dog. They also contain ingredients like allantoin or aloe vera, that help heal your dog’s skin.
A good hypoallergenic dog shampoo also contains natural ingredients which reduce skin problems such as flaking, itching and dog dandruff.
Chemical-based shampoos can interrupt the formation of natural oils in your dog’s skin. On the other hand, in addition to being soothing, oatmeal dog shampoo also helps your dog’s coat absorb all the necessary oils to maintain good skin.
Choose a good allergy shampoo for your Bichon Frise, and you will prevent most of the skin and allergy problems seen in this delicate breed.
Related Articles on Dog Grooming…